My French Lunch Break

While studying abroad in Cannes I grew to appreciate the importance the French place on their "dejeuner" (lunch). French lunch breaks are commonly 2 hours in order to give people time to truly relax from work, cook and enjoy their most extravagant meal of the day. This blog is dedicated to the idea of taking some extra time in the middle of each day to truly appreciate the gifts of food, nature, friendship, family, art and health.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Every Now and Then...Be a G(l)eek!!

Sometimes you just have to seize those moments to sing in the shower, dance down the sidewalk towards class, or jump around the apartment while drying the dishes. It is such a good release to blast some good music (I highly recommend the Pandora GLEE CAST STATION...AMAZING!!) and be a complete dork every so often.


The return of Glee inspired me to do so tonight! For those of you who don't know, Glee follows the life of a high school Glee Club (aka Show Choir) in Ohio and adds lots of bright colors, random yet fantastic bursts into song and dance, and high school drama. It is basically the story of my high school life as a very dedicated member of Hart High School's Show Choir.

Every episode makes me reminisce the intense day-long competitions, weekly rehearsals, and very talented people characteristic to my choir groups. More than anything, every episode makes me smile and sing aloud for the rest of the evening. I encourage you to check it out if you haven't yet. Or if show choir isn't quite your cup of team find some other show or movie that immediately puts a smile on your face and just take one hour to be truly content.







This week, be a Gleek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment