My French Lunch Break

While studying abroad in Cannes I grew to appreciate the importance the French place on their "dejeuner" (lunch). French lunch breaks are commonly 2 hours in order to give people time to truly relax from work, cook and enjoy their most extravagant meal of the day. This blog is dedicated to the idea of taking some extra time in the middle of each day to truly appreciate the gifts of food, nature, friendship, family, art and health.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Breath of Summer

Today I stepped outside at 8:45pm and my bare feet were pleasantly surprised to encounter concrete still warm from the heat of the day. I was bombarded by that heavy summer air, which I have decided to call the breath of summer, that just envelops you body and soul and reminds you to value the slower pace of summer and the heat of the sun on your back during the day and the perfection of summer nights under the stars. I was drawn in and decided to leave the comfort of my PJs and pillow on the couch and venture outside for a walk around a campus and town that I am so familiar with, but for some reason seemed so different on this first true summer night. It was the best decision I have made in a while, and I just thought I'd share in the hopes that some of you seize the opportunity to be outside these next few days and give yourselves time to really appreciate the breath of summer. You won't regret it.

<3 Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment