My French Lunch Break

While studying abroad in Cannes I grew to appreciate the importance the French place on their "dejeuner" (lunch). French lunch breaks are commonly 2 hours in order to give people time to truly relax from work, cook and enjoy their most extravagant meal of the day. This blog is dedicated to the idea of taking some extra time in the middle of each day to truly appreciate the gifts of food, nature, friendship, family, art and health.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dejeuner de la Semaine: Ruby's Veggie Burger and Oreo Shake

Despite my love for my new Native Foods cookbook, my schedule this week simply did not lend itself to grocery shopping or cooking an elaborate meal. So, this week's Dejeuner de la Semaine is about (shh don't tell the French) a lunch out! (at a very American style restaurant nonetheless...) 

Monday was Ruby's Birthday Celebration and they celebrated by offering their classic RubyBurger and Fries for only $2.80! Surprisingly, my whole department at my internship was free to go to lunch together! So we all helped Ruby's celebrate and indulged in burgers (some veggie), fries, and milk shakes and shared stories about our weekends and our childhoods and anything else on our mind at the time. It was the perfect way to break up the day and enjoy laughing and relaxing with the people I work with every day. Definitely a lunch break worth blogging about :) 

<3 Lyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment