My French Lunch Break

While studying abroad in Cannes I grew to appreciate the importance the French place on their "dejeuner" (lunch). French lunch breaks are commonly 2 hours in order to give people time to truly relax from work, cook and enjoy their most extravagant meal of the day. This blog is dedicated to the idea of taking some extra time in the middle of each day to truly appreciate the gifts of food, nature, friendship, family, art and health.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Memory...



To practice what I preached in my previous post, here's a fond memory I share with one of my loved ones, Miss Alexandra (aka Ma Petite Coloc). As roommates in France we became great friends and traveled to many a foreign country together. We were fortunate enough to stumble upon 10 pound tickets to see Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet performed in The Globe Theater itself during our second trip to London in May 2009. Although we had to stand for three hours straight, seeing Shakespeare's most renowned play, performed mere inches from us in the theater he set it in, was absolutely incredible! I have never appreciated the true beauty and flow of Shakespeare's prose and the fantastic talent of actors until this performance. It is a memory I will always cherish. 

Share yours! 

2 comments:

  1. I think one of my favorite memories (also while abroad) is the many walks that we would take along the beach into town, just chatting about life, past, present, and the future. If only we could be back there right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I miss it every single day!

    ReplyDelete