My French Lunch Break

While studying abroad in Cannes I grew to appreciate the importance the French place on their "dejeuner" (lunch). French lunch breaks are commonly 2 hours in order to give people time to truly relax from work, cook and enjoy their most extravagant meal of the day. This blog is dedicated to the idea of taking some extra time in the middle of each day to truly appreciate the gifts of food, nature, friendship, family, art and health.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Musical Inspiration-The Script

"Soul is not a black thing or a white thing, it's a human thing"
--Mark (member of The Script)

My life would not be the same without music. It is an art form that has the power to change my mood, to give me the energy to wake up each morning (yes my alarm clock tone is Tik Tok right now...), and great lyrics can even make me take on a new perspective. My roommate Telli recently introduced me to this Irish band, The Script, and I am obsessed, so I wanted to share their artistic talent on this blog. Take a listen to "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" during your lunch break and see if you agree! I am definitely biased based on my love of the Irish, but I think the lyrics are great.


"'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me 
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be 
Thinkin maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet 
And you'll see me waiting for you on our corner of the street 
So I'm not moving, I'm not moving"
<3

2 comments:

  1. I <3 The Script!!! They're amazing!! :) P.S. I hope you found a good song for the dance.. I'll let you know if I have an epiphany and think of one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "im not BROKE, im just a broken hearted man."
    <3

    ReplyDelete